Why need to conduct ISO Internal Audit ?
Nowadays many business are facing more competition. Many business want to make sure excellence in our business to maintain customer satisfaction and reduce cost by improvement operation. That’s why many company want to get ISO Certification.It give customer confidence and reinforce internal operation. But how do we know the effectiveness of management system and the area for improvement ? The answer is Internal audit -can help management to understand the effectiveness of management system and area for improvement.
What is ISO Internal AuditAccording ISO 19011 requirement, Audit is a systematic, independent and documented process for obtaining audit evidence and evaluating it objectively to determine the extent to which the audit criteria are fulfilled. The purpose of audit :
- To determine conformity
- To determine the effectiveness
- To provide opportunity to improve
- To meet regulatory requirements
- For certification
Principles of auditingIntegrity is the foundation of professionalism Auditors and the person managing an audit programme should perform their work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility. Fair Presentation The obligation to report truthfully and accurately. Due professional care The application of diligence and judgement in auditing. Confidentiality Auditors should exercise discretion in the use and protection of information acquired in the course of their duties. Audit information should not be used inappropriately for personal gain by the auditor or the audit client, or in a manner detrimental to the legitimate interests of the auditee. Independence the basis for the impartiality of the audit and objectivity of the audit conclusions. Evidence-based approach the rational method for reaching reliable and reproducible audit conclusions in a systematic audit process.
Auditor competence and trainingAuditor should receive Internal Auditor Training Academic qualification : at least graduate of high school.
Four Stages of Internal AuditThere are four stages of audit process.
1) Preparation of ISO audit
2) Onsite ISO audit
3) ISO Audit reporting
4) ISO Audit followup
1) Preparation of ISO Audit-Prepare audit plan including criteria, scope & location. -Document Review-company policy, company procedure and previous audit report. -Prepare internal audit checklist . -Keep auditee advised, agree date and time
2) Onsite ISO Audit
- Chair Open Meeting In the opening meeting , audit team leader and audit team and top management, department Representative will attend. Audit team leader will introduce audit team and explain the audit plan and audit criteria
- Collection of audit evidence. Auditor will understand the operation through observation and interview with auditee.
- Tips about asking question & interview with auditee. -Introduce yourself and purpose of audit. -Ask opening question. -Keep eye contact. -Keep clam & objective.
- Verifying the integrity of record There is no time to check everything. Audit take some samples of record such as quotation, purchase order, delivery note, production record, training calibration record and so on