ISO/IEC 42001 is the first international standard of providing guidelines and requirements for organizations to establish and implement a management system for artificial intelligence (AI).
The standard aims to help organizations effectively manage the risks and opportunities associated with AI technologies and ensure the responsible and ethical use of AI. ISO/IEC 42001 provides a framework for organizations to integrate AI management into their overall business processes and decision-making.
ISO/IEC 42001 assists organizations in fulfilling their responsibilities regarding AI systems, whether they are involved in using, developing, monitoring, or providing products or services that utilize AI. The use of AI introduces unique considerations that require specific management practices beyond those typically used for traditional IT systems. These considerations include:
1. Automatic decision-making: AI systems often make decisions automatically, which can sometimes lack transparency and explainability. Managing such systems requires specialized approaches to ensure responsible decision-making.
2. Data analysis and machine learning: AI systems rely on data analysis, insights, and machine learning techniques instead of relying solely on human-coded logic. This opens up new possibilities for AI applications but also necessitates changes in the way these systems are designed, justified, and deployed.
3. Continuous learning: AI systems that continuously learn and adapt their behavior can change over time. Ensuring the responsible use of such systems requires ongoing consideration and management to address the evolving nature of their behavior.
By following the guidelines and requirements outlined in ISO/IEC 42001, organizations can navigate these specific considerations and effectively manage AI systems in a responsible and ethical manner.
The Fees depend on company size, number of locations, business nature and operation complexity.
For Company (Staff < 20), it take 6 months on average.
For Company (Staff ~50), it take 7-9 months on average.
For Company (Staff ~100), it take 8-10 months on average.
You may take below steps :
1) ISO ISO 42001 Gap Analysis.
2) Establishment of ISO 42001 Documentation.
3) Attend ISO 42001 Training.
4) Implementation of ISO 42001 System.
5) Arrange an Internal Audit
6) External ISO 42001 Audit by Certification Body.
There are two major Fees.
1) ISO 42001 Certification Fee charged by Accredited Certification Body such as SGS, Lloyd’s Register,BV, BSI, ACI, DW..
2) Consultant Fee charged by us.
The Fees depend on company size, number of locations, business nature and operation complexity
Yes. You can take a series of training courses, draft the documentation…. liaise with Certification Body if you have sufficient time and master the ISO 42001 requirements
No. Because of conflict of interest. Certification Body can provide ISO 42001 Standard generic training only but cannot tell you how to implement ISO 42001 System in your company.
Absolutely Yes. In general, ISO Consultant will draft documentation, guide your company to implement ISO 42001 system until passing in ISO 42001 Certification Audit.
In general, the company can put the ISO 42001 logo in the website, name card and letterhead after receipt of corresponding ISO 42001 Certificate.
Highly recommended anyone seeking for ISO management consultancy service….
Professional support, Effective Training, Process smooth. Zero NC
…internal communication and company operation have been highly enhanced….
We are looking forward to your continuing support in maintaining the system…
….we will plan to get more certifications through your professional service….
…..they gave us full support and professional guidance …..