What is ISO 14001 : 2015
ISO 14001 specifies that an organisation considers all environmental issues relevant to its operations, such as air pollution, water and sewage issues, waste management, soil contamination, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and resource use and efficiency.
Benefit of ISO 14001
- Improves overall corporate image and sustainability
- Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication,
- Increases customer confidence that environmental risks associated with products or services
What is it for ?
- Fulfilment of tendering and Pre-qualification requirement
- Improvement of product / service quality
- Enhancement of corporate image and customer satisfaction
- Especially for Construction, Engineering, Logistics & Warehouse
Looking for a helpful ISO 14001 Consultant?
Frequent Asked Question
UKAS means the United Kingdom Accreditation Service. UKAS is the UK’s National Accreditation Body, responsible for determining, in the public interest, the technical competence and integrity of organisations such as those offering testing, calibration and certification services
ISO 14001 certification without UKAS accreditation may mean that your organisation have a risk to lose large contracts and business opportunities due to unrecognised ISO certification.
Hong Kong Accreditation Service (HKAS) is a unit of the government Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. HKAS provides accreditation for laboratories, certification bodies and inspection bodies. Some of departments of Govt HKSAR may consider tenderer holding ISO certificates with HKAS only.
The Fees depend on company size, number of locations, business nature and operation complexity.
For Company (Staff < 20), it take 4 months on average.
For Company (Staff ~50), it take 6 months on average.
For Company (Staff ~100), it take 7-9 months on average.
There are two major Fees.
1) ISO 14001 Certification Fee charged by Accredited Certification Body such as SGS, Lloyd’s Register,BV, BSI, ACI, DW..
2) Consultant Fee charged by us.
The Fees depend on company size, number of locations, business nature and operation complexity
You may take below steps :
1) ISO Gap Analysis.
2) Establishment of ISO 14001 Documentation.
3) Attend ISO 14001 Training.
4) Implementation of ISO 14001 System.
5) Arrange an Internal Audit
6) External ISO 14001 Audit by Certification Body.
Yes. You can take a series of training courses, draft the documentation…. liaise with Certification Body if you have sufficient time and master the ISO 14001 requirements
No. Because of conflict of interest. Certification Body can provide ISO 14001 Standard generic training only but cannot tell you how to implement ISO 14001 System in your company.
Absolutely Yes. In general, ISO Consultant will draft documentation, guide your company to implement ISO 14001 system until passing in ISO 14001 Certification Audit.
In general, the company can put the ISO 14001 logo in the website, name card and letterhead after receipt of corresponding ISO 14001 Certificate.
It depends on your industry practice and existing regulation & client requirements.